How to Track and Log your KMs
There are three ways to track your kilometres.
Fred's Big Run starts on the 1st of August. Please note all training distances logged before 1st August will be set back to zero on your app when the event officially begins.
1. Download the Fred’s Big Run App
Fred’s Big Run App is free to all registered participants and is the best way to keep all runners and walkers safely united while staying apart.
Fred’s Big Run App can be downloaded on your smartphone from either Google Play or the Apple App Store.
If you have not yet registered for Fred’s Big Run, you need to sign-up here first.
- Make sure you have registered for Fred's Big Run (FBR) at www.fredsbigrun.org - Registration is free!
- Download the free Fred's Big Run (FBR) App from Google Play or Apple App Store.
- Log-in to with your FBR email address and password
- You are now ready to Lace Up, Step up and start logging those km's ;-)
Training with the App
You can use the app to log your training KMs in preparation for the event. Let your network know that you are getting ready for Fred’s Big Run in August. View your team’s training leaderboard. Share your training walks with friends and family to help inspire donations.
To log a training session, open the app and press ‘START’ in the ‘Run’ tab (shoe icon). The phone can be locked and put in your pocket during the walk, but you must ensure your location settings for the app are ON and set to ‘always allow’. Press the 'Stop' button when you have finished – that’s it!
Using the app for Fred’s Big Run in August
Please note all distances logged before 1st August will be set back to zero before the event officially begins.
Let the journey begin – Lace up. Step up. Restore Sight.
Every time you step out and start a walk or run make sure that your location settings for the app is ON and set to ‘always allow’. Press ‘START’ and start your exercise. When you are done simply press ‘Stop’ and you are done for the day. Make sure you stop your activity when you finished otherwise the app will count km of your drive home too ;-)
Join thousands in Fred’s Big Run, track your daily distance, share your progress, upload your running pictures on social media and check out the top fundraisers on the leaderboard, track your teammate’s efforts online.
Start collecting new badges for your website and let your followers know about your challenge. Unlock special augmented reality (AR) filters along the way, we will celebrate each milestone with you during the 31 days in August.
There's really no better way to stay fit and feel great than getting active this August and stepping up to the challenge.
2. Log your KMs using your personal fitness app
The Fitbit and Strava apps are able to be connected to your fundraising page. This allows you to automatically sync your fitness data with your fundraising page.
Your chosen app will sync to your fundraising page each time you log an activity. Please allow 24-72 hours for your activity to be applied to your fundraising page (Strava).
If you can not see your activity on your fundraising page, try to log in again and re-connect the app.
Follow the below step-by-step instructions to connect your chosen app:
- Using your smartphone, download FitBit or Strava to begin tracking your fitness.
- Create an account with the app you prefer, then login to your account.
- Click the "My Fitness Activity" button on your dashboard and connect your fitness app.
- Follow the prompts to connect your account.
- Next time you work out, select 'Start your workout' in the app on your phone. Remember to 'Save' your activity on your phone once finished. This allows the activity to sync to your fundraising page.
- Your distance tally will be updated each day with the previous day's distance.
3. Logging your kilometres manually
To manually log your kilometres, follow the instructions below.
1. Log in to your account and select ‘My Fitness Activity’.
2. Under ‘Add activity', enter the date and distance.
3. The number of KMs will now appear on your fundraising page!